Model Academy Senior Scholarship Award
The Model Academy Senior Scholarship Award is for high school seniors in a national model academy designated by the National Career Academy Coalition (NCAC). The scholarship was established to support young adults in reaching their life goals. The costs of attending post-secondary institutions can often prohibit graduates from continuing their learning and formal education. The intent of this scholarship program is to assist students who would benefit from financial assistance as they continue to work toward career and life goals. The value of the scholarship is $1,000.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Belong to a national model academy designated by NCAC
- Complete the online application, which will include:
A.) an official transcript from their high school,
B.) Documented need for financial support to attend a post-secondary educational institution, and
C.) One official letter addressed to the NCAC President from a school administrator or school counselor stating the attendance average of the student for the last seven semesters
The deadline for the completed application is 5:00 pm on October 18, 2019.
(Please note: An application missing any of the supporting documentation listed above will not be accepted or considered.)
What determines my eligibility?
Students who compete through an application process for the annual scholarships will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of a B average on whatever Grade Point Average scale is used by their district
- 90% attendance average for last 7 semesters of high school
- Graduate, or in the process of graduating in the senior year, from an academy designated as a national model by NCAC
- Demonstrate a need for academic financial assistance
- Applicants must complete an application online at www.ncacinc.com/scholarship
- Applicants must submit an official transcript for the first seven semesters of high school with the application, uploaded as a pdf.
- Applicants must meet all published application deadlines established to be eligible. The application requirements will be vetted by NCAC’s president to ensure all required documents have been submitted.
- Applicants must fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) form or other forms of documentation showing financial need.
- Once all documents have been submitted within published deadline and have been vetted by the NCAC president, the NCAC executive committee will read and score all applicants.